Thursday, February 14, 2013

Set Back

I went on a date last Friday night and got in a little late.  I ate some weird terrible Thai food and didn't sleep well.  Unfortunately, in the morning, I had a seizure.  I'm pretty sad about it.  It means that my driver's license won't be coming for another six months. 

The good news is that I can now identify auras.  With the low dose of medication, I actually have them and can get to a safe spot during the seizure.  This helps tremendously.  While I did bite my tongue, I didn't injure myself.  I recovered really quickly too.

Having the seizure reinforced in me the determination to get my medical billing business going so that I can work from home.  Ideally, I'm looking for small doctor's practices that haven't switched to an EMR, or ones that currently aren't happy with their electronic health records.  I will switch them over to the Health Fusion's MediTouch system and save them money when they outsource their billing.  This will enable me to earn a living from my home and not worry about having seizures on the job.

I am determined to beat epilepsy though.  I still think that the breathing exercises are working.  My seizures have been cut back from 1 minute seizures down to 15-20 seconds.  That is a pretty big deal.  I'm still doing the Breath Slim breathing exercises, but I've added in some aerobics too.  I'm working up to two hours of physical activity per day.  My birthday is in two weeks.  I'm hoping to have increased my control pause to 40 seconds by my birthday.  Right now, I'm hovering around 20 seconds.  On the website, normalbreathing.com, they indicate that your seizures will go away at 40 seconds.  The breathing exercises only get you so far.  You need the aerobic exercises. 

I'm also hoping that this will eliminate the inflammation in my body and my hair will grow back!

No comments:

Post a Comment